Postby k4ben » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:17 pm

I have an error after running this:

void dit() {
digitalWrite(13, HIGH);
delay(100);
digitalWrite(13, LOW);
delay(100);
}

I now realize that this software is case sensitive and I have gone through the entire sketch to correct it.

The error I get is highlighted. "void dit() {" and the final "}" is inside a vertical square. The error is: " a function definition is not allowed here before "{" token". I'm stuck there. :(

k4ben
k4ben

Re: Error

Postby VK4KL » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:41 am

Try this this one works in my Arduino beacon
This is not my code got it somewhere on the web.

void
dit()
{
digitalWrite(LEDpin, HIGH) ;
delay(DOTLEN);
digitalWrite(LEDpin, LOW) ;
delay(DOTLEN);
}

Adrian
VK4KL
VK4KL

Postby wa5znu » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:56 am

Ben,
It may be a problem before the beginning of the text you pasted. Can you paste in your whole sketch file?
Leigh/WA5ZNU
wa5znu

Postby k4ben » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:53 am

Right now I'm trying to get Arduino to load. I keep getting that "Launch4j" error. I have been seeing that other people suggest going to dos using Command. I have been reading my old Radio Shack DOS book to brush up on it. I haven't done anything else.

That error is very hard to eliminate.
k4ben

Postby k4ben » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:03 pm

I'm still trying to correct the "Launch4j" error. I can't do anything with arduino until I get passed that hurdle.
k4ben

Postby k4ben » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:33 pm

I'd like to happily say that my other computer - a laptop - is working perfectly and arduino is working! I don't really know how I fixed it. I deleted Arduino again and went through the registry (regedit) with a fine tooth comb to delete every instance of Arduino in it. There was an Arduino folder where all Arduino sketches are stored that I couldn't delete. What I did was to change its name from Arduino to Ard, that did it! When I reloaded Arduino it loaded without any errors. Before it would load, but the java folders and files - some of them - were not copied.

Try the above if you get the "Launch4j" error. Hope it works for you.
k4ben

Return to Site Help